Best Practices for Creating Compelling In-Feed Ad Content
For businesses looking to harness the potential of TikTok's vast audience and drive meaningful results, Infeed Ads offers an excellent opportunity.
To make the most of this advertising format, it's crucial to understand and implement the best practices that ensure your Infeed Ads capture your audience's attention and drive impact.
This comprehensive guide presents six essential Creative Codes to help you create TikTok Infeed Ads that leave a lasting impression on your target audience.
Creative Code 1: TikTok-First Approach
When diving into TikTok advertising, embracing the platform's unique style and features is essential. TikTok has a distinctive language of its own, from the way videos are shot to the creative use of text overlays, voiceovers, green screens, and duets.
To create Infeed Ads that resonate with TikTok users, lean into these elements and make your videos feel natural and seamless to the platform.
Research indicates that when ads are TikTok-first and align with the platform's style, they capture the attention of 74% of viewers.
Moreover, TikTok-first ads experience a significant lift across brand outcomes and drive 3.3x more actions, such as clicks, likes, and shares, compared to other platforms.
To achieve a TikTok-first approach, consider partnering with TikTok creators through the TikTok Creator Marketplace. Collaborating with creators can help communicate your key messages in an authentic and TikTok-native manner.
Creative Code 2: Embrace Trends
By capitalizing on popular trends, memes, or challenges, brands can engage with users and create resonant content.
In fact, 77% of users appreciate it when brands participate in TikTok trends, making it a valuable strategy to connect with new customers.
To stay up-to-date with the latest trends in your region, explore the Trends page on TikTok's Creative Center. Here, you'll discover how brands leverage cultural moments to garner billions of views.
Embracing trends as storytelling templates can enhance the relatability and shareability of your Infeed Ads.
Creative Code 3: Optimize Production
Production on TikTok doesn't have to be complicated, but getting the basics right is crucial. Shoot content vertically to align with the platform's viewing format, use high-resolution footage to ensure clarity, and be mindful of the UI-friendly "safe space" to optimize your creative assets for spending and targeting efficiently.
To keep your Infeed Ads fresh and effective, refresh your ad creative regularly to avoid creative fatigue. TikTok Creative Exchange provides a platform to connect with trusted partners for creating high-quality ads.
Additionally, explore CapCut templates, a video editing app that streamlines the process of creating impactful videos for TikTok.
Creative Code 4: Structure Your Storytelling
The art of storytelling plays a pivotal role in crafting impactful Infeed Ads. Structure your videos with a three-part approach: a hook, body, and close.
- Hook: Captivate your audience within the first six seconds by communicating the value proposition of your ad. Use suspense, surprise, or emotion to engage viewers.
- Body: Guide your audience through your ad with additive branding cues. Showcasing the product on-screen, for instance, can increase brand affinity and recall.
- Close: End with a strong call to action to drive action from your audience. Utilize CTA cards for increased recall and likability.
To find storytelling inspiration, explore the Top Ads Dashboard and Video Templates on TikTok's Creative Center.
Creative Code 5: Stimulate Attention with Editing Techniques
Editing techniques can be potent tools to capture attention and drive ad memorability. Music, transitions, movement, text overlay, emojis, and branding work cohesively to create interest and captivate viewers. Faster scene changes, in particular, draw viewers in early, leaving a lasting impression.
To effectively capture attention with your Infeed Ads, consider leveraging CapCut and its user-friendly creative solutions. This video editing app streamlines the process of incorporating attention-grabbing editing techniques.
Creative Code 6: Harness the Power of Sound
Sound plays a pivotal role in the TikTok experience, with 88% of users considering it vital to the platform. Music, voiceovers, and sound effects can set the mood and elevate your storytelling. Half of TikTok's users believe that music makes content more uplifting, energizing, and entertaining.
Explore TikTok's Commercial Music Library for a collection of brand-ready songs available for use in your Infeed Ads. Alternatively, create original sounds that resonate with your brand and story.
Optimizing Your Ad Placement and Targeting Options
TikTok Ads Manager provides various targeting dimensions to refine your audience selection. Here are the key targeting dimensions you can leverage for your ad campaigns:
- Audience Targeting
- Include - Create a Lookalike or Custom Audience: Utilize customer files, engagement data, app activity, website traffic, shop activity, lead generation data, or business account data to create a customized audience that closely resembles your existing customer base.
- Exclude - Lookalike or Custom Audiences: Exclude specific audiences from seeing your ads to ensure your message reaches only relevant users.
- Demographics Targeting
- Gender: Male, Female.
- Age: 13-17, 18-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54, 55+.
- Location: Deliver to users based on their location: Country/Region, State/Province, City, and Designated Market Area/DMA (US Only).
- Language: Deliver to users based on their app language.
- Household Income: Deliver ads to users based on their household income (US Only).
- Spending Power: Deliver ads to users based on their purchase behavior through TikTok ads.
- Interests and Behaviors Targeting
- Interests: Deliver ads to users based on their higher interaction with specific interests, such as "Gaming."
- Purchase Intent: Target "in-market" users actively researching or purchasing a specific category of product or service, for example, "Travel Intent."
- Behaviors: Deliver ads based on the user's recent in-app behavior, including interactions with videos or creators. Video behaviors include watching, liking, commenting, and sharing videos by category, while creator interactions include following or viewing creator profiles by category.
- Hashtags: Deliver ads to users who have engaged with hashtags over the past 7 days.
- Device Targeting
- Connection Type: WIFI, 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G
- Operating System: iOS & Android
- Operating System Version: Deliver ads to users based on their software version, for example, iOS 10.0 or above, Android 4.0 or above.
- Device Model: Deliver ads to users based on their device model.
- Device Price: Deliver ads to users based on device pricing, ranging from no limit to more than $1000.
- Carrier: Deliver ads to users based on their mobile phone carriers.
- Internet Service Provider (ISP): Deliver ads to users based on their most frequently used ISPs in the past 30 days.
- Smart Targeting
- Targeting Expansion: Expands your targeting settings to reach a larger audience that is more likely to convert.
- Automatic Targeting: Allows TikTok to optimize targeting audiences to potentially get lower CPA or more conversions during ad delivery.
- Targeting Recommendations: TikTok provides recommendations on interests and behaviors to leverage in your campaign based on industry and account performance.
- Maximizing Ad Targeting Effectiveness: To optimize the effectiveness of your ad targeting on TikTok, consider the following best practices:
- Audience Segmentation: Use a combination of demographic, interest, and behavior targeting to create highly relevant audience segments.
- Lookalike and Custom Audiences: Leverage lookalike and custom audiences to reach users who share characteristics with your existing customer base.
- Trending Interests: Capitalize on trending interests and behaviors to align your ads with popular cultural moments.
- Creative Alignment: Ensure your ad creative aligns with your chosen targeting dimensions to create a seamless and engaging user experience.
- Regular Optimization: Continuously monitor your ad performance and make data-driven adjustments to optimize your targeting strategy.
- A/B Testing: Conduct A/B testing with different targeting options to identify the most effective combinations for your campaign goals.
- Localized Targeting: Use location-based targeting to reach users in specific regions or cities for localized campaigns.
- Language Targeting: Tailor your ad content to different languages based on the app language preferences of your target audience.
- Optimize for Mobile Devices: Given TikTok's mobile-first nature, ensure your ads are optimized for mobile devices to enhance user experience.
- Creative Refresh: Regularly refresh your ad creative to avoid creative fatigue and maintain user engagement.
What Are Infeed Ads on TIKTOK, and How Can Businesses Benefit From Using Them?
Infeed Ads are a type of native advertising format on TikTok that appears within users' regular feeds as they scroll through the app.
These ads allow businesses to reach TikTok's vast and engaged audience and promote their products or services seamlessly within the user's content stream.
By using Infeed Ads, businesses can increase brand visibility, reach a wider audience, drive meaningful results, and ultimately achieve their advertising objectives on the platform.
What Is the Significance of a TikTok-First Approach in Creating Infeed Ads?
Embracing a TikTok-first approach in Infeed Ad creation is vital because it ensures that the ads align with the platform's unique style and features.
TikTok has its own creative language, from shooting videos vertically to using text overlays, voiceovers, and duets.
By incorporating these elements, Infeed Ads feel natural and native to the platform, resonating better with TikTok users.
Research shows that TikTok-first ads capture the attention of a substantial portion of viewers and drive more actions compared to ads that do not adhere to the platform's style.
How Can Brands Effectively Leverage Trends in Their Infeed Ads?
Trends are integral to TikTok's community, and brands can capitalize on them to connect with their target audience. Incorporating popular trends, memes, or challenges in Infeed Ads helps brands engage users and create relevant and timely content.
Users appreciate it when brands participate in TikTok trends, making it a valuable strategy to connect with new customers.
To stay updated on the latest trends, brands can explore the Trends page on TikTok's Creative Center, where they can see how other brands are leveraging cultural moments to garner high views.
How Can Businesses Optimize the Production of Their Infeed Ads for Better Results?
To optimize the production of Infeed Ads, businesses should follow certain best practices. Firstly, shoot content vertically to match TikTok's viewing format. Secondly, use high-resolution footage to ensure clarity and visual appeal.
Thirdly, be mindful of the "safe space" on the platform to optimize creative assets for efficient spending and targeting.
Lastly, refreshing ad creative regularly helps prevent creative fatigue and ensures continued user engagement.
What Storytelling Structure Is Recommended for Infeed Ads to Hook Viewers and Inspire Action?
The storytelling structure for Infeed Ads should follow a three-part approach: a hook, body, and close. Within the first six seconds, the hook should captivate viewers with the ad's value proposition, using suspense, surprise, or emotion.
The body of the ad should guide the audience through the story, incorporating branding cues like showcasing the product on-screen. Finally, the ad should end with a strong call to action to drive user action.
Leveraging CTA cards can further enhance recall and likability.
How Can Editing Techniques Stimulate Attention and Make Infeed Ads More Memorable?
Editing techniques are crucial in capturing attention and making Infeed Ads more memorable. Music, transitions, movement, text overlays, emojis, and branding create interest and captivate viewers.
Faster scene changes, in particular, draw viewers in early, leaving a lasting impression. Leveraging a video editing app like CapCut can help businesses effectively incorporate attention-grabbing editing techniques into their Infeed Ads.
What Role Does Sound Play in the Effectiveness of Infeed Ads on TikTok?
Sound is vital to the TikTok experience, with most users considering it an essential platform element. Incorporating music, voiceovers, and sound effects in Infeed Ads can set the mood, enhance storytelling, and elevate the overall impact of the ad.
Users associate music with a more uplifting, energizing, and entertaining experience on TikTok. Brands can explore TikTok's Commercial Music Library for ready-to-use songs or create original sounds that align with their brand and story.
How Can Businesses Optimize Their Ad Placement and Targeting Options on TikTok Ads Manager?
TikTok Ads Manager provides various targeting dimensions for refining audience selection. Businesses can include or exclude audiences using Lookalike or Custom Audiences based on customer files, engagement, app activity, website traffic, etc.
Demographic targeting involves selecting gender, age groups, location, language, household income, and spending power. Interests and behaviors targeting allow businesses to engage users based on their interactions with specific interests or behaviors.
Device targeting considers connection type, operating system, device model, and carrier. Smart targeting options, such as targeting expansion and automatic targeting, can be used to optimize ad delivery and reach a wider audience.
TikTok also offers targeting recommendations based on industry and account performance. By effectively leveraging these targeting dimensions, businesses can optimize their ad placement and maximize the effectiveness of their Infeed Ads.